PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIE
Blending classic flavors of peanut butter and banana into one simple and delicious smoothie.
Makes: 1 Serving
- 1 small banana, peeled, cut and frozen
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of milk, can use a non-dairy milk alternative
- 5 ounce vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Blender, or magic bullet
- Peel banana, cut into 1 inch pieces and freeze. This can be done 2 hours before or a week before. However, you can also use an unfrozen banana.
- If adding the chia seeds, place them in blender first, pulse 2-3 times. If not skip to next step.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except cinnamon into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass, top with optional cinnamon, and enjoy!
- You do not have to freeze the banana ahead of time. Freezing the banana helps with the temperature and thickness of the smoothie.
- If you would like to cut back on the fat, you can substitute powdered peanut butter for regular peanut butter.
- If you prefer a dairy free option, feel free to substitute a non-dairy milk/yogurt alternative.
Allergen Warning: Contains peanuts and milk products