STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE SMOOTHIE
A new take on an old favorite. Adding oats, chia seeds, and a hint of vanilla gives it that shortcake flavor.
Makes: 1 Serving
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 of a banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla soymilk
- 2 teaspoons raw uncooked oats
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Blender or personal size blender (such as a Nutribullet)
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Place chia seeds and oats in blender or magic bullet, blend until it looks like flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Chia seeds can be replaced with ground flax seeds; however the texture of the smoothie might vary.
- If soy milk is substituted with another milk that is not vanilla flavored, ½ tsp of vanilla extract can be used to achieve the vanilla flavoring.