VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA NICE-CREAM
This dairy free ice cream is made from 5 simple ingredients and boasts a creamy texture and chocolaty flavor.
Makes: 1 Serving
- 2 medium sized bananas, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces and frozen
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk substitute (almond, oat, soy)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Blender, or magic bullet
- Make sure your bananas are peeled, cut and frozen at least 4 hours ahead of time. Over night is best.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. You may have to stop blending and move the mixture around a few times as it may get stuck while blending.
- Top with fresh fruit, granola, chocolate chips or your favorite toppings and serve immediately for soft serve style, or freeze for hard style.
- If you freeze the nice-cream, thaw for 5 minutes before serving, or place scooper in warm water to make scooping easier.